September 20, 2017
6 CommentsThis discussion is locked.
This discussion is locked.
- 소: 小 (little)
- 아: 兒 (children)
- 과: 科 (-ology or some academic/medical department/discipline)
- 치과: 齒科 (dentist/dentistry)
- 외과: 外科 (surgery department)
- 내과: 內科 (internal medicine)
- 정신과: 精神科 (psychology)
- 국어과: 國語科 (Korean language, the subject in school)
과 is not related to:
- 제일과 (lesson one), in which 과 is 課 (lesson)
- 통과하다 (to pass), in which 과 is 過 (pass/go across)
- 과일 (fruit), in which 과 came from 果 (fruit)