https://www.duolingo.com/pisaor2

Essay: School days (Please, correct me. Thanks)

I went to the primary school from 1980 to 1990 in Córdoba Spain. I studied in a public school filled of pupils. Nonetheless, it was not a problem because we attended a large school with excellent facilities.

There were three gyms, a music room full of instruments, a restaurant, where we used to have lunch and a play ground where we spent our free time.

The classrooms were spacious and bright. It was always clean and fresh on everywhere.

The best for me was that teachers were friendly and kind. I loved their class and I remember that they always looked after us.

One thing I did not like was that it was a long way from my house. I had to get up at early morning and take the school bus. I needed to carry up a heavy backpack from my house. Also, I took a lunch box with sandwiches that my mother made to me and some money for milk or juice.

My teachers were good as well a bit strict, we studied a lot and we had to be very quiet. At the same time, we often worked on groups or in pair. Then our classroom would be very noisy.

I had more than 35 classmates, it was depending on the course and level I was. Although I was sky, I normally got on well with everybody.

I had had really good friend there but my best friend was Lucía. She was funny and charming. Over the time their parents moved to other country and I lost contact with her.

I miss about my school days my friends, teachers and of course, that I did not have responsibilities at all, apart from me assignments and to study every day.

September 22, 2017

5 Comments

https://www.duolingo.com/OldPalHappy

It was always clean and fresh on everywhere.

The on in this sentence isn't needed.

The best for me was that teachers were friendly and kind.

This is a little off. Something better might be 'The best part for me...'

I took a lunch box with sandwiches that my mother made to me and...

This should be, for me, instead of to me.

My teachers were good as well a bit strict, we studied a lot and we had to be very quiet

This is close to fine, but adding a comma between good and as well, would make it more readable as well as added an as. Also, the comma already in this sentence would make more sense being a period. "My teachers were good, as well as a bit strict. We studied a lot and we had to be very quiet."

...we often worked on groups or in pair.

pair would be pairs, plural.

I had more than 35 classmates, it was depending on the course and level I was.

This sounds a bit off. Not sure exactly what you were getting at, but this would make it correct, while keeping the sentence about the same: I had more than 35 classmates, depending on the course and what level I was.

Although I was sky...

I think you mean Shy

I had had really good friend there but my best friend was Lucía.

You put had had. Just remove one and add a. 'I had a really good...'. Alternatively, you could remove a had, and make friend, friends. 'I had really good friends.'

Over the time...

You don't need the in this instance.

I miss about my school days my friends, teachers and of course, that...

about isn't needed in this context. I miss my school days. Also, adding a few more commas would make this more readable: "I miss my school days, my friends, teachers, and of course that..."

...apart from me assignments and to study every day.

me should be the. Also, changing and to study, to, and needing to study, would make more sense in this context.

This overall was very readable, and making minor mistakes like these aren't something I'd worry about! Just keep using the language! You did very well!

September 22, 2017

https://www.duolingo.com/OldPalHappy

Sorry, are we meant to correct your grammar?

September 22, 2017

[deactivated user]

I think it's wonderful so far. Was this real?

September 22, 2017

[deactivated user]

NM It is real.

September 22, 2017

https://www.duolingo.com/Annabelle368481

I think it great!!! Good job!!!

September 22, 2017
      Learn a language in just 5 minutes a day. For free.