Duolingo is the most popular way to learn languages in the world. Best of all, it's 100% free!

https://www.duolingo.com/OnkelD

Requiring a person to review 10 and MORE skills before they can continue on their tree is awful.

OnkelD

I have enjoyed using Duolingo, and am quite aware of the adage that one should not look a gift horse in the mouth. That said, since they've added Dutch 2.0 (which I was elated to see), I have now reached the point of wanting to just give up and quit! When they strip you down in anywhere from 8 to 12 skills a day as you approach the last segment of the tree, you seem to spend all your time just keeping previous skills gold... and hardly ANY time to move on in the tree. It's ridiculous!

Surely it's fine to pick 3-5 of the weakest skills and have someone review them each day---but a DOZEN!!! That's a VERY discouraging task to have to face EVERY day/night. I want very badly to complete the Dutch course, but I'm afraid if they keep it up with paring me down 10-12 skills a day.. I'm going to just reach my "you win, I GIVE UP". point! How about setting realistic goals and not ones that frustrate someone so much?

OD

10 months ago

22 Comments