Je vois, je regarde?
What is the difference between "je vois" and "je regarde"? Dosen't both mean "i see"?
And if you have that question -
- voir - to take light into your eyes. "I see a rainbow. [Je vois un arc-en-ciel.]"
- regarder - to pay attention to by sight. "I am watching a rainbow. [Je regarde un arc-en-ciel.]"
- remarquer - to notice/note. "Je remarque un arc-en-ciel."
Same goes for sound -
- entendre - to take sound into your ears. "I hear a bird. [J'entends un oiseau.]"
- écouter - to pay attention to a sound. "I am listening to a bird. [J'écoute un oiseau.]"
And the classic split of the mind -
savoir - to know something intellectually (to know [how to] + verb). "I know how to swim. [Je sais nager.]" connaître - to know by familiarity or person experience (to know + noun). "I know swimming. [Je connais la natation.]"