"The children are eating strawberries."
Translation:Les enfants mangent des fraises.
October 16, 2017
The different is similar to knowing when to use eat or eats in English. Here's how the verb manger (to eat) conjugates (-> changes with each pronoun):
- Je mange (I eat/am eating)
- Tu manges (You eat/are eating, for singular informal "you")
- Il/Elle mange (He/She eats/is eating, this form is also used for a singular noun, like "Le chien mange" -> "the dog eats/is eating")
- Nous mangeons (We eat/are eating)
- Vous mangez (You eat/are eating, for plural "you" or formal "you")
- Ils/Elles mangent (They eat/are eating, this form is also used for a plural noun like "Les chiens mangent" --> "the dogs eat/are eating"