"Er träumt vor sich hin,"?
What is the meaning of:
- "Er träumt vor sich hin,"?
- "Das hat er jetzt davon,"?
- "In der Not frisst der Teufel Fliegen,"?
- "Der Tropfen, der das Fass zum Überlaufen bringt,"?
October 27, 2017
Hi, they mean the following:
- someone is not paying attention and concentrates on his imaginary world in his mind at the moment.
- He gets the negative consequence of his acts.
- Having no other option than doing/using your least preferable thing. (Flies are the devil's companions so he don't want to eat them unless there is no other choice.)
- Everone's patience has an end, and when constantly provoked, it's the little bit that's too much to bear until you outrage. OR also applicable to situations as whole: The little thing that makes a situation no more controllable after successfully dealing with many obstacles before.