https://www.duolingo.com/mican92

Translation

Hello! I'm a HV learner and with my boyfriend we love 'I want my hat back' a children's book by Jon Klassen. I wanted to make him the gift of the book translated to Valyrian as he knows I'm learning it. Just want to know you opinion in my translation of the sentences

I want my hat back - Ñuhon geltītsos amāzigon jaelagan

Translator Note (NT) = there is no word for hat so I used helmet and made it small (gelte - geltītsos)

Have you seen my hat? - Ñuhon geltītsos undertā?

No. I haven't seen your hat - Daor. āoha geltītsos ūndetan daor.

Ok. Thank you anyway - Kony sȳt issa. Kirmvose skoridoso

NT= not sure if skoridoso applies here

No. I haven't seen any hats around here - Daor. Mirri geltītssas kesir ūndetan daor

No. Why are you asking me. I haven't seen it. I haven't seen any hats anywhere. Don't ask me any more questions - Daor. Skoro syt ynot pendō. Nyke ūī ūndetan daor. Nyke mirri geltītssas mirriot ūndetan daor. Ynot tolī pendā daor

NT = Okay this was hard bc there is no word for question in Valyrian, so for the verb I used pendagon (to wonder) and the last sentence I used like 'No more asking me'. The first sentence I used the subjunctive mode

I haven't seen anything all day. I have been trying to climb this rock - Mirros gierē tubī ūndetan daor. Hepton keso dōrot sylun

Would you like me to lift you on top of it? - Aōt indigin bē ūō raqō?

Yes, please - Issa, kostilus

I saw a hat once. It was blue and round - geltītsos meriot undeten. ūja kasta (se) grevenka istas.

NT= I used pluscuanperfect tense bc is a past paster then the past of the question. Other doubt when saying multiple adj you have to put ans (se) or not?

My hat doesn't look like that - Ñuhon geltītsos hae kona ūndetas daor

What is a hat? - Skoroso geltītsos issa?

What is the matter? - Skoroso ñaharrenkoves issa?

NT= Have so many doubts with this one. So there is no word for matter, so I wanted to used wrong 'What is wrong?'. But I couldn't find a word for wrong either. So I did sth which is probably wrong I grabbed the adj harrenka which is right, made it a noun harrenkoves and then added ña- as to make the negative ñaharrenkoves

I have lost my hat. And nobody has seen it - Ñuhon geltītsos ojughan se daorys ūī ūndetas

What does your hat look like? - Skorkydoso aōhon geltītsos hae ūndetas?

NT= I used how instead of what does

It is read and pointy - mele, qana issa

I have seen my hat! - Ñuhon geltītsos ūndetan

You. You stole my hat - Ao. Ao ñuhon geltītsos laodī!

I love my hat - Ñuhon geltītsos raqan

Excuse me. Have you seen a rabbit wearing a hat? - Rytsas! geltītsoso jamīsos huntot ūndetas

No. Why are you asking me. I have't seen him. I haven't seen any rabbits anywhere. I would not eat a rabbit. Don't ask me any more questions - Daor. Skoro syt ynot pendō. Nyke ziry ūndetan daor. Nyke mirre huntī mirriot ūndetan daor. Honī ipradan daor. Ynot tolī pendā daor

NT= I was thinking to make I would not eat a rabbit in aorist, like if it was an universal truth, but idk just an idea

November 2, 2017

1 Comment

https://www.duolingo.com/PeterParker4life

I honestly think that this an amazing because of the time that you took. In all honesty you did well at translating this to Valyrian

November 3, 2017
Learn High Valyrian in just 5 minutes a day. For free.