French Translation and Help?
I've seen a lot of posts like this, but I am creating some French stuff and would like some help. I haven't seen many websites that can accurately translate English sentences into French.
If you could help with a few sentences, or find a good translation website, please recommend here. It would help a lot!
- Would you like to play with me?
(not sure if there are many accurate translations)
- Where is the soccer ball?
(is soccer ball 'ballon de football'? Or is there a better translation?)
- Not bad; keep going!
(maybe this could be found on a site or in a textbook?)
- I will bring the ball back.
(haven't found any translations yet...)
- He is a good friend.
(um, pretty sure it's 'il est un bon ami' or something similar)
Any good translation sites? Please help!
I don't know where you tried to translate it but google translate is perfect for simple sentences like these. I'm a native french person and all these sentences are really used in French
A tip for translating sentences with Google Translate: put a full stop at the end of the sentence. Otherwise, it might translate each word individually rather than the sentence as a whole. Other than that, I agree that it's a great tool.
- Aimerais-tu jouer avec moi? ou Voudrais-tu jouer avec moi?
- Où est le ballon de football? ou Où est le ballon de soccer? (In Quebec, we say the second one).
- Pas mauvais; continue! ou Pas mal; continue!
- Je vais rapporter/ramener la balle/le ballon.
- C'est un bon ami (it is the same for She/He, we don't really say "Il est un bon ami" or "Elle est une bonne amie").