Which languages do you want me to cover on TinyCards?
If you didn't know, I like making language decks on TinyCards. I have plans to cover many more languages, but I'm wondering if there are any you want me to cover. I make decks in two ways:
- In sets of 4 - Currently I do this for the following: Turkic Set 1 (Turkish, Azerbaijani, Uzbek, and Kazakh) and Turkic Set 2 (Chuvash, Turkmen, Tatar, and Uyghur). If I am to make these sets, the languages must be (somewhat) closely related.
- Individual languages - Currently I do this for Abkhaz, Circassian and occasionally Chinese.
I have plans to make an Indo-Iranian set, but I'm not sure which four I should cover first. I also want to make some Slavic sets, which I'm not certain about either (except for BMCS. Expect some for that in the future.).
This thread is to ask you all, what languages should I cover on TinyCards? I would specifically like answers regarding the Indo-Iranian and Slavic sets, but if you have any other ideas for individual languages and/or sets, I would love to hear them.
Edit: Here are a list of sets now under consideration and/or construction:
- Uralic Set (Hungarian, Finnish, Estonian, and Northern Sami)
- Indo-Iranian Set (Farsi, Dari, Tajik, and Pashto)
- Slavic Set 1 (??)
- Serbo-Croatian Set (Slavic Set 2) (Croatian, Serbian, Bosnian, and Montenegrin)
- Germanic Set 1 (German, Dutch, ??, and ??)
- Old Germanic Set (Gothic, Old English, Old Norse, and ??)
I was considering Sami for a while. The question is, which Sami language? See, it's a language group, not a language. There are so many different varieties of Sami that I don't know which one I should add to the Uralic set. Which one is most spoken? Perhaps I'll add that variety.
I too would love to see a Uralic card deck. But if it’s okay to be greedy and make more than one request, I also wish for a 4-language set covering the languages of ancient Mesopotamia. Those would be Sumerian, Akkadian, Amorite, and Aramaic. I'm not sure such set would be so popular though, and there may be other languages more in demand, so I wish you'd at least keep it on your long term list.
Dutch is confirmed for Germanic Set 1 alongside German, but I need two other Germanic languages to go along with them.
As for your other suggestion, I already have a discussion with my decks. It's in the main post. When I make and publish new decks, I update that post with links to the new decks.