1. Forum
  2. >
  3. Topic: French
  4. >
  5. frigo facts


frigo facts

I have just learned ''la PRISE du refrigerateur'' translates not 'handle' but 'outlet' do French fridges have some kind of ''outlet"? Is that what we call a 'plug' in New England? if not, what is it?

November 18, 2017

1 Comment


Yes, the plug.

In fact, we say "la prise" for the plug and for the outlet. But the outlet in on the wall, and the plug on the fridge, of course.

Try "brancher la prise" on Google.

Learn French in just 5 minutes a day. For free.