Duolingo is the most popular way to learn languages in the world. Best of all, it's 100% free!

https://www.duolingo.com/Nick447035

It's so difficult to find ways to study Romanian

I went to my local Barnes and Nobel's and NOT ONE book about Romanian. There were about 20 each for Spanish, French, Italian, German, Russian, Japanese, etc...but NOTHING on Romanian. It's such a shame honestly. I wanted to get a book. Netflix has languages that I have never heard of in my entire life, but not Romanian. After I learn Italian better (I'm upper A2 right now) I want to go to Romanian next...but I might end up going German honestly because there's so many resources for German. German was my choice after Romanian, and Romanian would be such a great language coming straight from Italian since it's almost like a more difficult version of Italian combined with Russian. But I might have to go German next becuse I don't know if I would be able to handle learning Romanian with such little resources. Italian is even a struggle because nobody I know in my area speaks Italian, so I have to learn from the internet and out of books...but at least I have multiple resources. With Romanian I would have pretty much nothing except Duolingo and few youtube channels.

How do you combat this? Im serious about the languages I choose to learn. I dabble sometimes on Duolingo with other languages, but the only one I'm serious about right now is Italian...like, I want to become '"fuent" (my definition of fluent...to be understood and understand more than 75% of cconversations and interactions). With Romanian I don't think this is possible.

8 months ago

7 Comments