Hindi vs. Bengali vs. Aramaic
Hello everyone! Welcome back our next challenge of the Versus Series is Hindi vs. Bengali vs. Aramic!!!
In case you are unfamiliar with this challenge here is the discussion were we talked about it and the other competitions are here as well: https://www.duolingo.com/comment/25125242
We are going to put each language to challenge each other in 3 categories. 1. How it sounds (spoken) 2. How is sings (sung) 3. How it looks (written)
Now, what you have to do is vote! Choose who's your winner in this round. DON'T FORGET: we would like you to write in great detail why you chose the language you voted for. Let's start!
- Spoken: https://youtu.be/54ggCQfef2Y
- Sung: https://youtu.be/Jbn39j-xa-k
- Written: सभी मनुष्यों को गौरव और अधिकारों के मामले में जन्मजात स्वतन्त्रता और समानता प्राप्त है। उन्हें बुद्धि और अन्तरात्मा की देन प्राप्त है और परस्पर उन्हें भाईचारे के भाव से बर्ताव करना चाहिए।
- Spoken: https://youtu.be/5bYNuCOdd_Q
- Sung: https://youtu.be/AqnKtCxYprU
- Written: সমস্ত মানুষ স্বাধীনভাবে সমান মর্যাদা এবং অধিকার নিয়ে জন্মগ্রহণ করে | তাঁদের বিবেক এবং বুদ্ধি আছে সুতরাং সকলেরই একে অপরের প্রতি ভ্রাতৃত্বসুলভ মনোভাব নিয়ে আচরণ করা উচিত্ |
SamuelCristea, I think you confused Amharic with Aramaic. They aren't the same language, haha. Or was this a deliberate decision?
Hey Eldad_Mengisto, yeah at first I didn't know the difference but then I found out that they were two different languages. So, I was deciding which I should choose but then I chose Aramaic. I hope you don't mind?
No problem! In hindsight, Hindi and Bengali share more than both with Amharic.
If you could do another Amharic one, maybe one with Tigrigna or Oromo?
Are you sure it's Aramaic you have written there? It's usually written with either Hebrew, Classical Syriac, or Arabic script. Anyway, although both Hindi and Bengali are beautiful languages, Aramaic is just so ancient and beautiful, it has to win for me.