Lost my 109 day steak
My Graph says I only did 40xp yesterday but I stayed up till 10 to get my 50 (I know this because I do not rest till it is done). were there server issues yesterday?
I know it is only a game but it did make me sad to open it up only to find out I am back at 0 :(
sad man here.
While streaks can be motivating, your XPs reflect your dedication to learning German. Those remain constant no matter what. Cheer up! And start a new streak! You didn't come this far ( level 18 ) not to go on to 25! Ich wuenche dir alles Gute!
Speaking of which... where can one get a single xp point? I though the minimum was 10 xp's... which equals a lesson (with added bonus if on the app) or a strengthen exercise.
Buy a timed practice, then, you can earn 1 XP by completing an exercise and letting the timer count down to zero.
Here's a trick... set you daily goal to 10 xp a day... this way a single lesson is enough to keep your streak. Then do how many more xp's as you like, but at least this way you can keep your streak with minimal effort.
I have my daily goal set to Casual but average 100 xp's a day.
Tips for keeping your future streak:
1) Use the tips in this post
2) Losing a streak is a common complaint from people using the Duolingo App
(For users of the web version (www.duolingo.com) I see complaints from people, who are using outdated browsers and/or operating systems.)
It's always a good idea ....
- to check that your phone / tablet has had a chance to synchronise with Duolingo's servers.
Why would it not synchronise? My Wifi/4G/LTE is okay
Because Duolingo has issues in synchronising, almost every day.
Always check if your phone had synchronised with the Duolingo servers after doing a lesson. Sometimes it can take 5-10 minutes after finishing a lesson in the App.
- have always Duolingo's web version open in the browser of your phone
- set this browser in Desktop mode
- refresh your browser after each lesson in the App, and check if the amount of XP increased in the browser with the web version.