Why do I consistently loose my "streak" even though I practice every day?
Tips for keeping your future streak:
1) Use the tips in this post
2) Losing a streak is a common complaint from people using the Duolingo App
(For users of the web version (www.duolingo.com) I see complaints from people, who are using outdated browsers and/or operating systems.)
It's always a good idea ....
- to check that your phone / tablet has had a chance to synchronise with Duolingo's servers.
Why would it not synchronise? My Wifi/4G/LTE is okay
Because Duolingo has issues in synchronising, almost every day.
Always check if your phone had synchronised with the Duolingo servers after doing a lesson. Sometimes it can take 5-10 minutes after finishing a lesson in the App.
- have always Duolingo's web version open in the browser of your phone
- set this browser in Desktop mode
- refresh your browser after each lesson in the App, and check if the amount of XP increased in the browser with the web version.
Hey, a couple days ago I suggested you would be suitable for a moderation role... two days later you are a moderator.
Coincidence? I think not... LOL
2 reasons. Either you are not meeting your daily streak goal. Or, eventhough you have met the goal and didnt connect to the internet after completion. Hope this clears your question. Good luck.