"They enter the restaurant."
Translation:그들은 식당에 들어가요.
Indeed, there are many words for "dining place" in Korean and they all seem to have slightly different nuances. FYI:
1) 레스토랑 = restaurant
Literally, mean restaurant yet many Koreans usually associate 레스토랑 with some expensive places, often serving western or western-Korean fusion rather than orthodox Korean. For example,
I had a date with her in a restaurant. = 나는 레스토랑에서 그녀와 데이트 했다
2) 음식점, 식당 the very neutral word for eating place - can be upscale or humble, safest word to use as it can be used for all occasions
3) 구내식당 = canteen (in a school or a company)
4) 학생식당 = school canteen
5) 분식집 = 분식점 = snack bar, snack place
분식 means snack in Korean yet you can still have a proper meal in reality. Usually small and humble, good value for money places targeting young rather than old.
6) 가정식 = 집밥 = homemade meal
집= house, home
밥 = cooked rice or meal
저는 집밥을 가장 사랑합니다 = I love the homemade meal most.
우리 같이 밥먹자! = Let us have a meal together (casual form, suggesting for a meal together)
같이 = together
7) name of dish + 집 = > eating place with some clear focus in terms of menu etc.
- 피자집 = a pizza place
- 국수집 - a noodle place
- 도시락집 = a lunchbox place (도시락=lunchbox) http://bit.ly/2DXFWLr
- 햄거버집 = a hamburger place (ex. 버거킹)
- 빵집 = bakery (빵+집)
- 치킨집 = fried chicken place http://bit.ly/2nye2eU
- 중국집 = a Chinese food place (This is the one and only exception as there are no other examples as such. For example Koreans never say 미국집 nor 일본집)
일본 레스토랑 = 일본 음식점 = 일식당 = Japanese restaurant
P.S: I inserted some GOOGLE image search results as it helps one to understand what a word or concept exactly means in the native's head. ;)