https://www.duolingo.com/Andresb_UY

SuperDuo = Duolingo + Gboard. Just talk!

Motivated by this menssage I decided to give form to this instructive, thanks to which I also learned a lot and for that I am very grateful.

Thanks to Gboard we can speak the language we want to learn from the beginning or do a complete course without typing a single word, just talking.

First you have to download the app and on our cel or tablet: Ajustes/idioma e introducción de texto (Settings/Language)

• Teclado actual (Current keyboard) Choose keyboards, mark the 3 of them. (AOSP, Gboard and voice)
  • Teclado Android OSP - Only one per type of characters, if you just study languages in english, you dont need another keyboard. (same to spanish, Portuguese, French or Italian) If you do Russian, Japanese, etc. here you must mark them too
  • Gboard

Idiomas / Languages Here you can select them all (it is not necessary) en/es/it/fr/pt and download the language packs (dictionary and word suggestions) Preferences * Show language switch key "YES" * Voice input key "YES" * The rest is as you wish Dictado por voz (voice input) This is where we select the languages in which we are going to speak. If we do Italian in English, mark only "ita-eng" even if the keyboard is in Spanish.

Done! We are ready!.

Now we choose always our keyboard "Android (AOSP)" (?? - Yap, unfortunately it is the only way that ALWAYS works, for now) When it's time to type, we press the button to select keyboards and we choose => Voice input steps 1 y 2

We can now deactivate the pronunciation exercises, anyone where you have to write now is / can be one. Paso 3 In the 2 images on the right you can see a word or expression that is over and is a word characteristic of the language I want to use ("do svidania" Goodbye, "spasiva, thanks") is to help Google guess that I want to write in Russian and not in English or Spanish, if not in "costume" will write in english instead of the russian word "костюм". Then, just click on the word surplus and click "delete". If we say it wrong (most certainly at the beginning) you can see that it suggests similarly phrased expressions, that helps to deduce if we speak well, so so, or if we better try again.

Change languages - Now the only thing that needs to be changed (no matter the keyboard, whether it's from French in Spanish to Italian in English or Spanish in Russian) is in the Voice input keyboard (Config wheel)= Languages (Only select the two that will be used and deselect those that no longer)

Bonus What almost never works and I think (I really hope) will be usual in the future in all exercise options of Duolingo.

The own keyboard Gboard that works 100% in the clubs, site, whatsup, etc. The dictation works even in situations of a lot of noise, along with a radio or TV quite well, now, in total silence it works even if you whisper and even not even that, write directly what the voice tells us.

autocompletado Here the keyboard that we have influences, predisposes the cel to listen in that language so we can speak in 3 or +, although we have chosen only 2 for dictation. (There I had all the Latinos, for that reason I deleted them from the gboard config section)

Note the "G" highlighted in yellow (Magic key) changes to the menu on the right and pressing the translator key, voila! autotraducido

That's all folks. To have fun on the weekend

2/23/2018, 2:19:48 PM

3 Comments

https://www.duolingo.com/zanzaboonda
Mod

Took me a minute to figure this out, as things looked different for me. But works like a charm!

2/24/2018, 6:30:12 AM

https://www.duolingo.com/Andresb_UY

Glad to read you can do it now. :)

2/24/2018, 11:46:20 AM

https://www.duolingo.com/dxnproducts.com

Voice typing rules! :) (I use Cheetah Keyboard)

9/1/2018, 4:00:57 PM
Learn a language in just 5 minutes a day. For free.