Again my streak went away even though I practice each day! There must be something wrong.
Maybe you set a goal, and even though you practiced, you didn't reach that daily goal? I've set my goal to "10 XP" although normally, I do a lot more. But with this setting, I'm sure to maintain my streak even if I do just one lesson on a day.
If you met the goal that you set, then maybe it is a bug in the system. In that case, you should write a bug report. https://support.duolingo.com/hc/en-us
Tips for keeping your future streak:
1) Use the tips in this post
2) Losing a streak is a common complaint from people using the Duolingo App
(For users of the web version (www.duolingo.com) I see complaints from people, who are using outdated browsers and/or operating systems.)
It's always a good idea ....
- to check that your phone / tablet has had a chance to synchronise with Duolingo's servers.
Why would it not synchronise? My Wifi/4G/LTE is okay
Because Duolingo has issues in synchronising, almost every day.
Always check if your phone had synchronised with the Duolingo servers after doing a lesson. Sometimes it can take 5-10 minutes after finishing a lesson in the App.
- have always Duolingo's web version open in the browser of your phone
- set this browser in Desktop mode
- refresh your browser after each lesson in the App, and check if the amount of XP increased in the browser with the web version.
Thanks for the information everyone. I also practice at very different times of the day depending on my schedule. I always practice on my computer. I have good up to date browser and software, all functioning at peak performance. I've decided not to let it bother me. I'm still learning anyway!
Perhaps try buying a "Streak Freeze" and keep it equipped even though you practice every day. I am on PC and have had the streak freeze equipped for a few months. I haven't needed it, but it's good to know it's there if I miss by accident or maybe if something happens with the website.