Reverse engineering language
I recently found a phrase in my target language I want to practice, but I don't know where or how to find it in the Duolingo topics and lessons. Is there a way to search the lesson base for the phrase?
Is it like a fixed expression? There's a way to locate what lesson a single word is taught in, and that can hold for fixed expressions, too, but other things could be harder.
It would probably be good to just say what the phrase is. Maybe somebody will just know where it's taught.
The phrase I had in mind was 最近 （Zuì Jìn）but it could have been anything. I now know what it means and more-or-less how to use it, but it seemed to spring out of nowhere in the practice sessions and I could not work out which module(s) I had looked at to trigger it appearing.
Apologies it's going to be a bit roundabout, but here's how you do it:
- Add the French, Spanish, German, Italian, or Portuguese course
- Go to the Discussion tab while in the course you just added
- Open another browser tab
- Switch back to the Chinese course
- Return to the tab where you had Discussion for your newly-added course
- Click on "Words" in the blue bar
Ctrl-f should find you the word. If you click on it, info will pop up on the right side of the screen including what Skill the word was taught in.