https://www.duolingo.com/profile/MeaDish

Tips & Notes - suggestions for adding a new character list, and a design change

Suggestions for the makers of the English to Chinese course to consider:

1. Would it be possible to redesign the start of each section, so that the Tips & Notes, rather than the clickable lessons, are at the top? Throughout the course so far, I find myself forgetting about the Tips & Notes because they are at the bottom of the page and often not visible unless you scroll down. I suspect a fair number of people who do the course don't even realize there is such a section.

2. I think it would be helpful if the Tips & Notes contained a short list/glossary of the new characters about to be introduced in the lesson, complete with pinyin and meaning. Being able to read through that list before starting the lesson would remove at least some of the frustration in not getting drills on the meaning of new characters. I understand it is not possible at present for Duolingo to contain character, pinyin, audio and meaning at the same time, so extending the Tips & Notes section could be a way of getting around that.

Would be interested in hearing other people's take on these suggestions, too. Thank you for reading!

March 28, 2018

0 Comments

Learn Chinese in just 5 minutes a day. For free.