"Yes, the boy is calm."

Translation:Oui, le garçon est calme.

March 29, 2018

27 Comments


https://www.duolingo.com/SadieWhite4

What's the difference between le and la?

March 29, 2018

https://www.duolingo.com/AmineHadji1

le is masculine and la is feminine. Le garçon and La fille

March 29, 2018

https://www.duolingo.com/soumyadipB4

Thanks

May 29, 2018

https://www.duolingo.com/JeffreyD.

Both translate to "the" and words in french can either be masculine (le) or feminine (la). It is something you will learn with repetition on which is which. A big helping point for me was learning that about 80% of Nouns that end with an "e" tend to be feminine. And then we just have to remember the other 20%!

April 7, 2018

https://www.duolingo.com/Roxanne725995

I don't know

April 29, 2018

https://www.duolingo.com/walter441561

Masculine and feminine

May 27, 2018

https://www.duolingo.com/gary163660

Masculine and feminine

July 26, 2018

https://www.duolingo.com/Gvv6jIDb

Is the French translation of calm always 'calme', regardless of gender?

May 25, 2018

https://www.duolingo.com/Sayaniprachi

Calme is feminine form of calm It should be calm only na?

August 12, 2018

https://www.duolingo.com/BaileyHigg2

Whats the difference between est and es

March 31, 2018

https://www.duolingo.com/BlueBokobl

es is used with you (singular) as 'you are' (tu es), and est is used with il and elle (3rd person singular) as 'he/she/it is' (il/elle est). To sum up, 'es' is 'are', and 'est' is 'is'.

April 14, 2018

https://www.duolingo.com/ELARIAFAHM1

why calme with an "e" at the end and he is a boy ?

June 8, 2018

https://www.duolingo.com/HNMisra

Good

April 3, 2018

https://www.duolingo.com/gianni287553

I put l'garçon instead of le garçon whats the difference

April 6, 2018

https://www.duolingo.com/BlueBokobl

If the word starts with a vowel (or a vowel sound e.g l'homme sounds like l'omme) then you put an apostrophe. l'garcon is wrong because garcon doesn't apply.

April 14, 2018

https://www.duolingo.com/Loki_Trash

You only use l' if the word after begins with a vowel

April 20, 2018

https://www.duolingo.com/PedroPendu1

You only use " l' " when there is a vowel. G is a consonant, so you use le.

June 28, 2018

https://www.duolingo.com/Desiree130726

What is the difference between tranquille and calme?

April 11, 2018

https://www.duolingo.com/prince977384

Can some help help to understand the differences between l' , la, le ? Please

May 19, 2018

https://www.duolingo.com/Rywko

La = Feminine Le = Masculine L' = used when a word begins with a vowel

May 24, 2018

https://www.duolingo.com/SarahNjeri1

Examples of words used with l' are?

May 20, 2018

https://www.duolingo.com/Rywko

L'homme L'orange

May 24, 2018

https://www.duolingo.com/Nick565035

My keyboard does not have a cedilla

June 13, 2018

https://www.duolingo.com/Donna58293

I cannot see any difference in what i typed.

June 27, 2018

https://www.duolingo.com/GeraldJoyce

what makes the boy indefinite

August 2, 2018

https://www.duolingo.com/MateiClash

what is cheval ? I didn't heard about it

October 29, 2018

https://www.duolingo.com/halenafar2

i think its means horse

January 19, 2019
Learn French in just 5 minutes a day. For free.