Sometimes my lesson won't "register"
I'm using Opera on Mac OS. Sometimes, and this happened twice today, I'll complete a lesson, and it won't register that I've completed it. If "Feelings" was at "2/4" before the lesson, it will still be "2/4" after the lesson is completed, even after waiting a while and refreshing the page. This is the kind of bug that might be easily overlooked since it only happens occasionally. Just wanted to put this out there.
It happens to me a lot ever since I downloaded the app, and I use Android.
There's a feedback button in Android, where you can submit bug reports and they get your system data. I already reported this issue, when the Crowns update came back ...
So far their support consists on automatic email and ignoring the problems they have created for a previously happy paying customer
I reported the issue to, immediately I go tthe Crowns downgrade, it was an obvious problem. It's become a little better, but I use DL much less as it makes me SO ANGRY repeating the same simple phrases and lessons over and over. Before practice was fun.
Lessons on the Android app not registering with the website; lessons on the web not registering with the Android app.
Moreover, the platforms are actually getting out of sync. The Android app is still showing 1/15 lessons while the website is showing 2/15 lessons for the same skill, despite having cleared app/browser caches on both devices. (Neither is accurate: I've completed 3 lessons.)
The crowns system is irritating and opaque enough doubling the time investment required to access content.
You mean quin-tupling and for me, as I finished most of my trees, it is INFINITELY increasing time to access the SAME content as they HAVE NOTHING NEW!
I only use the iOS apps on a phone and an ipad. No problem for a couple of months, now failing to register is happening consistently and my work is not being recorded by Duolingo. Can't get past a 0 day streak having lost a 79 day streak despite repeated daily sessions. I like the concept, but am becoming disenchanted
I seem to see it in Chrome for Windows. It seems to happen with specific lessons. I just saw this with Japanese, Transportation, Crown level 1, lesson 1 of 5. This is what I see: 1. I finish all the questions in the lesson. 2. I don't hear the trumpet sound or see the page saying the lesson was completed. 3. It takes me back to the Skills page. 4. The progress circle around the skill has updated (e.g., on Transportation, it goes from 0% filled to 20% filled), but the number of lessons completed doesn't increase (e.g., Transportation still shows 0/5 instead of 1/5). 5. If I switch to a different language and go back, the progress bar on the circle is back to 0%.
As a test, I did the same lesson in the iOS app, and the skill seemed to update normally, and after reloading the Skills page in Chrome, it's updated too.