"Die Frau trinkt einen Tee."

3/23/2013, 11:59:59 PM


Is is necessary to use einen? Couldn't you just say, "Die Frau trinkt Tee." That is what we say in english anyway.

3/25/2013, 7:11:03 AM
  • 18
  • 10

Die Frau trinkt tea means that the woman drinks tea in general. "Die Frau trinkt einen Tee" means that right now she is drinking one (cup/serve of) tea. Like if you're at a restaurant and say "I'll have a tea". That's fairly typical in my experience.

5/1/2013, 3:29:47 PM
  • 10
  • 10
  • 7

Wondering the same.

4/1/2013, 10:55:41 PM

Usually they say either Woman or Lady will do,but now i'm tharwted,when i put lady it's no-go ??

3/23/2013, 11:59:59 PM

Why einen? Is it tea masculine?

4/3/2013, 3:57:13 AM

Yes, der Tee is masculine.

4/6/2013, 2:25:55 PM

Shouldn't the "einen" be omitted? In English, we don't say "I drink a tea" or "She drinks a tea." We say "I drink tea."

4/10/2013, 7:36:10 PM

Also, this isn't English. So you need to be ready for a different sentence structure. In my experience, it's not advisable to translate directly from English in your head.

5/29/2013, 11:36:28 AM

forget English, if you keep comparing them you wont get anywhere

6/2/2013, 5:32:01 PM
Learn German in just 5 minutes a day. For free.