Some very useful resources for Russian.
...потому что мне хотелось помочь тем, кто учит русский язык.)
Most of these are either completely free or can be used for free. I've used many of them for language learning, and others are ones I've heard good things about.
Please, help out fellow Russian learners and share any other resources you find helpful, or any comments about the resources on here.
Thanks to everyone who has shared resources to add here!
Learning/Study Tools, Courses
- Duolingo: https://www.duolingo.com/course/ru/en/Learn-Russian-Online
- Clozemaster: https://www.clozemaster.com/
- Memrise: https://www.memrise.com/courses/english/?q=Russian
- Tinycards: https://tinycards.duolingo.com/search?query=russian
- Quizlet: https://quizlet.com/subject/russian/
- Lingvist: https://lingvist.com/
- LearnRussian: http://learnrussian.rt.com/
- Anki: https://ankiweb.net/about
- PushkinOnline: https://pushkininstitute.ru/learn?locale=en
- Readlang: http://readlang.com/ru/dashboard
- Transparent Language: https://www.transparent.com/learn-russian/
- Ba Ba Dum: https://babadum.com/
- Beelinguapp: https://www.beelinguapp.com/
- Learn Russian Step by Step: https://learnrussianstepbystep.com/en/home/
- russkyinfo: https://russky.info/en
- I Kinda Like Languages: https://ikindalikelanguages.com/learn/Russian/1
- Coyote Russian: https://cytrussian.tuxfamily.org/
- Drops: https://languagedrops.com/#simple-and-fun
- LingQ: https://lingq.com/en/
- Lingust: https://lingust.ru/russian
- Master Russian: http://masterrussian.com/
- Russian Language Lessons: http://www.russianlessons.net/
- Duo Russian Grammar: http://duo-russian-grammar.s3-website-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/
- Beginning Russian Grammar: http://russian.cornell.edu/grammar/subject.htm
- Natasha speaks Russian: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHxH3niZvbZvy58sc9LbNYg
- Real Russian Club: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyJznKYS9kkP7RWWq3YAbFw
- Mosfilm: http://www.youtube.com/user/mosfilm
- Amazing Russian: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCymAc4YKWYjDqNnLoK7m-2A
- Be Fluent in Russian: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtMqRKjQcFJoq4TOIdHDiew
- Russian grammar: https://www.youtube.com/user/russiangrammar
- Russian With Max: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCklUqFEcJqFnWKEBozw5p4g
- Russian Tutor: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqS35kRvVh8Bmw4P5kYJlUw
- College Russian: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1qtNVtoGPTjq2iHOZJSkzA/videos?disable_polymer=1
- Have Fun With Russian: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9BMhLkTdUYb4IrvjthI42g
- Wiktionary: https://www.wiktionary.org/
- Reverso Context: http://context.reverso.net/translation/
- Reverso Dictionary: https://dictionary.reverso.net/
- Multitran: https://www.multitran.ru/c/m.exe?a=1&SHL=1
- Академик: https://dic.academic.ru/ (English: http://www.enacademic.com/)
- Грамота.Ру: http://gramota.ru/
- bab.la: https://en.bab.la/dictionary/russian-english/
- The Free Dictionary: https://ru.thefreedictionary.com/
Podcasts and Audiobooks
- ПостНаука: https://postnauka.ru/ — Podcasts about scientific subjects and others.
- Маяк: https://radiomayak.ru/podcasts/podcast/id/703/ — Audiobooks by different authors.
- Russian Made Easy: https://russianmadeeasy.com — Podcasts for beginners.
- Speaking Russian: https://tunein.com/radio/Speaking-Russian-p398075/?topicId=102294036 — Audio-only course.
Duolingo Forum Posts
- A guide I made to remember the 6 Russian cases: https://forum.duolingo.com/comment/22043549/
- A guide to the Russian word order: https://forum.duolingo.com/comment/13955228
- A visual to remember useful verbs of motion in Russian: https://forum.duolingo.com/comment/22537351
- Russian: The Alphabet and the Keyboard: https://forum.duolingo.com/comment/11449014
- Liking and Loving in Russian: https://forum.duolingo.com/comment/11754722
- A Guide to Using ЭТО: https://forum.duolingo.com/comment/11536858
- Russian Noun Declension Guide: https://forum.duolingo.com/comment/11512097
- Russian newspapers: https://forum.duolingo.com/comment/28425043
- Noun Endings Declension Table & Russian Spelling Rules: https://forum.duolingo.com/comment/29038061
- Russian Prepositions/Adverbs, Case of Objects, and Meaning [Corrections welcome]: https://forum.duolingo.com/comment/28544274
- Russian Personal Pronouns Declension Tables: https://forum.duolingo.com/comment/29119997
- Russian Reflexive Personal Pronouns Свой Себя & Сам Declension Table: https://forum.duolingo.com/comment/29965925
- Russian Non-Reflexive Possessive Pronouns Declension Tables: https://forum.duolingo.com/comment/30122740
More Resource Lists
- /r/russian full_course: https://www.reddit.com/r/russian/wiki/full_course
- 80 awesome resources to learn Russian language: http://petitepolyglot.com/learn-russian/
- The Best Resources to Learn RUSSIAN Free Online: http://gratisglobal.com/learn-russian-free/
- Forvo: https://forvo.com/languages/ru/ — Hear words spoken by native speakers.
- Morfological analysis: http://starling.rinet.ru/cgi-bin/morphque.cgi?flags=endnnnnp — For checking inflections of words.
- Yandex: https://www.yandex.ru/ — Search engine made specifically for searching in Russian, articles, quizzes, flashcards, movies, live Russian TV channels, a chatbot/virtual assistant (with games), and music. Basically, heaven for the intermediate Russian learner.
- Однокоренные слова: https://wordroot.ru/ — For seeing words with common origins.
- Борис Карлов: официальный сайт писателя: https://sheba.spb.ru/ — Books and audiobooks by different authors.
- ThoughtCo. Learning and Teaching Russian: https://www.thoughtco.com/russian-4175265 — Articles about learning Russian.
- LanguageTool: https://languagetool.org/ — Spell and grammar checker.
- Карта слов и выражний русского языка: https://kartaslov.ru/ — Maps related words and expressions (use en.kartaslov.ru for translation to English).
- 50 Русских Текстов: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8krslgEdCrNdnk1Y3RraTdjMzg/view — Book of Russian texts for learners.
- 30 полезных приложений для школьников: https://zen.yandex.ru/media/mifdetstvo/30-poleznyh-prilojenii-dlia-shkolnikov-5bd8029a6b4c0f361ae91aa7 — "30 useful apps for students", educational apps in Russian.
- Читай бесплатно: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ru.litres.android.readfree&hl=en_US — Free books of all genres in Russian.
- 3ears: https://3ears.com/media — Watch videos to learn real-world Russian and develop your listening skills.
- The Russian-English Lexis: https://www.evaeaston.com/rel/rel1.html — A paper written by a Duolingo user comparing Russian and English vocabulary.
- Где Ударение: https://где-ударение.рф — Enter any Russian word and see which syllable is stressed.
Огромное спасибо за твой список! Какие много советов!
I want to add one of my favorite grammar sites. I already posted it somewhere, but I guess, here it should not be left out, too! I learned a lot from there. Every lesson has little tests that are partly listening comprehension and applying the learned grammar, after 4 lessons you can take a bigger test about the previously learned things.
I also want to share my favorite podcast sites, these are better for people that are already intermediate russian learners:
https://postnauka.ru/ Here they discuss scientific subjects and others.
https://radiomayak.ru/podcasts/podcast/id/703/ Here they read books from different authors, I like it because I can listen to my favorite German or English authors in Russian! But they also have different themes on radiomayak, just browse!
Happy learning everyone!
I've updated the post with recommendations from the community—thanks!
For those of you intermediate learners who write in Russian frequently, I recommend a spellchecker tool called LanguageTool. It supports multiple languages and is one of the few I've found that supports Russian. But, of course, native speakers are always the best ones to ask for corrections... ;)
If you found the list useful, then my mission here has been accomplished. Good luck and happy learning, everyone!
Oh this is nice :) A few additions that might be enjoyed by others:
http://www.mezhdunami.org/ - online, free textbook for first-year students of Russian
Russian resource lists:
https://www.reddit.com/r/russian/wiki/full_course - A very useful and linear approach, and while the wiki is not an actual course in itself it provides resources to learn the building blocks of the language and onward to more advanced topics such immersion and speaking.
College Russian https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1qtNVtoGPTjq2iHOZJSkzA/videos
Will finish and add descriptions for each later for those interested.:)
Alright I'm just going to start adding them on here gradually, otherwise I'll never do it lol.
http://tuchka.cloud/ - useful for those learning cases
Russian for beginners 1. Русский язык: A1 https://www.coursera.org/specializations/russian-for-beginners-a1
Я говорю по-русски/ I speak Russian (A1) * https://www.coursera.org/learn/ya-govoryu-po-russki
Русский как иностранный Specialization (B1-B2) https://www.coursera.org/specializations/russkiy-kak-inostrannyy#courses
*You must know SOME Russian for this course. It is very immersive, completely in Russian. Not for those starting from absolute zero.
Для тех, кто уже более-менее знает язык, может быть полезен сайт http://gramota.ru/ . Сайт для русскоязычного населения, соответственно он полностью на русском, на сайте есть словари (толковый, синонимов, ударений и т.д.), правила грамматики, орфографии, пунктуации.
Hello again, Russian learners!
After 4 times of losing all my edits and having to type all the resources I added over and over again... Here's a big, new update!
First of all, special thanks to Tedoy1 for sharing so many resources! They're all added to this very useful list, now.
Second, among the added resources are:
6 new learning/study tools and courses
2 new YouTube channels
1 new dictionary
1 new Duolingo forum course
A new section for 3 other resource lists
2 new resources in the Other section
Which makes for a grand total of... 15 new resources!
Keep on speaking Russian and sharing resources, everyone!
You're welcome! Just in case you need to type everything again or if someone wants another place to access this list I copy and pasted the post here: https://framabin.org/p/?0be7bb8ad637a967#BJwCqdeSSqygBnXXsX227Mjm89vW1nHzUZ0dmAvWrEs=
You can also go to your language settings. Settings - general management- language and input - virtual keyboard- Samsung keyboard - languages and types - add input language. At least I can then switch between different languages and use their dictionary by swiping over the space bar.
Thanks you for making this list with all these links. Very useful !
I also use this. http://starling.rinet.ru/cgi-bin/morphque.cgi?flags=endnnnnp
Someone posted it on the forum and I saved it in my favourites.
I find it very useful as it shows all the declensions and conjugation of nouns, verbs and adjectives.
This is by far my favorite YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCymAc4YKWYjDqNnLoK7m-2A
It’s the only channel I’ve found with good intermediate videos. She teaches at university so the way she teaches grammar to English speakers is high quality.
I also watch a lot of native speakers vlog.
Hi! I know her channel is in Spanish, but I hope that someone will find it useful. She talks about grammar and Russian culture and makes everything easy to understand. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMXeXEwqrRHFvaCLGICseJA