https://www.duolingo.com/xXx.E.N.D.xXx

SPAIN FACTS GUYS(AND GALS.)!!!!

Before i do the facts my friends nephew died recently of a type of cancer, they did have the money to get him some help but it came very unexpectedly so give me some hope to pay for the funeral and hope he goes to heaven. Anyway back to business! AND I'M OUTTA HERE!! The official name of Spain is the "Kingdom of Spain." Spain is the second largest country in Western Europe and the European Union.
Spain was the third most visited country in the world in 2013. 72% of Spain speaks Spanish. The rest speaks Catalan, Galician, Basque and others. Modern humans first arrived in Iberia (now Spain), from the north on foot, about 35,000 years ago. The national anthem of Spain has no words.( Crazy isn't it.) La Tomatina is an annual festival held in Spain where people throw thousands of tomatoes at each other. The Bull is the national animal of Spain. The Sagrada Familia church in Spain, has been under construction for over 130 years and it's only expected to be complete by 2026. Spain had more unemployment in 2013 (27.2%) than the US had during the Great Depression (25%). Spanish rice is unknown in Spain. In 2000, Spain's Paralympic basketball team had to return their gold medals after nearly all of their players were found to have no disability. There are no laws against public nudity in Spain. The world's oldest existing lighthouse is the Tower of Hercules, in Spain, erected in the first century and still operational. There's a town in Spain where 700 people share the surname "Japon" as they are descendants of 17th-century samurais who stayed there after an embassy returned to Japan. Two Roman dams in Spain are still in use after 1900 years. In 1971, Evita Peron's body was exhumed and flown to Spain, where Argentina's Ex-President Juan Peron and his new wife kept the corpse in their dining room. Spain was neutral in WW1 and WW2, but experienced a civil war (1936-1939) which killed over 500,000 people. Spain has two major exclaves, Ceuta and Melilla, in mainland Africa. Spaniard double agent Joan Pujol Garcia had the rare distinction of receiving an Iron Cross from the Germans and an MBE from the British during WW2. 43% of the world's olive oil production is done in Spain. Barcelona's beach is over 1,000Km Britain accidentally invaded Spain in 2002. About 20 Royal Marines disembarked in Spain instead of Gibraltar for 5 minutes until the error was recognised and they all withdrew. Prostitutes in Spain have to wear reflective vests, like highway workers, to reduce accidents. There's a zipline connecting Spain and Portugal. It's 2,365 ft (720 m) and 60 seconds long. The youngest king ever was Alfonso XIII of Spain, who became king the day he was born. Madrid has the oldest running restaurant in the world, Sobrino de Botín, open since 1725.

6 months ago

2 Comments

https://www.duolingo.com/PajoliYT

These are some cool facts!

6 months ago

https://www.duolingo.com/Chilotin
Chilotin

I'd say around almost 99% speak Spanish fluently, but 72% use Spanish as first language. Most speakers of Catalan and Basque (and Aragonese, Astur-Leonese and Occitan) are entirely bilingual. Part of Galician speakers aren't fluent at native level in Spanish.

6 months ago
Learn Spanish in just 5 minutes a day. For free.