1. Forum
  2. >
  3. Topic: German
  4. >
  5. Tiny Cards German

https://www.duolingo.com/profile/Denny22

Tiny Cards German

Apologies if this has already been raised elsewhere. (I did look.)

I have been using Tiny Cards to support my Duolingo German course.

I got into the daily habit of ensuring all my German Tiny Cards had full 'golden bars' beneath them in each section before going on to learn the next few new words. It used to be easy to check these golden bars to work out which sections needed a quick refresh. After diligently practising, I would then return to the main list and then search for the next section which needed similar attention.

Unhappily, every time I returned to the main list I would be taken right back to the very beginning of the list and I would then have to carefully scroll down in search of the next bar that was not fully golden. This was not a problem in the early days, but became more so as I completed more and more cards. Any accidental touch as I scrolled down meant I would have to return to the very beginning of the list and carefully have to begin scrolling down once again. This became very annoying and time consuming, but I appreciated the work that had gone into creating this valuable resource and could tolerate this, as well as any mistakes I noticed along the way, which I was unable to flag up as there was no means of doing so. (I practise on my mobile.)

Recently, to my great delight there has been a brilliant change. Now after I refresh a section I am no longer taken back to the very beginning of the menu, but instead back to where I was previously on the list. This is great and I am thrilled.

However, following this recent change there now seems to be a problem with the 'golden bars'. None remains fully golden even after practising. I find I am now faced with a menu list that suggests every section needed to be refreshed, which for me means arrgghhhhh!

Now I no longer know which sections are the weakest and I no longer have the satisfaction of seeing all my bars golden before progressing on the main Duolingo page to work on my German.

Has any body else experienced this?

I wondered if this could be re-tweaked.

And once again, I do appreciate all the people who have worked so hard to create such invaluable resources.

July 1, 2018

1 Comment

https://www.duolingo.com/profile/gatiquo

Tinycards are only moderately worthwhile and have many problems.

Learn German in just 5 minutes a day. For free.