I like the reminder mails: " Hi .., you are on a x day streak! Use Duolingo today to make it x+1 "
It is a nice extra motivation to keep up the daily practice.
But not everyone finds the time each day:
- you have only time/ internet access during lunch at work, not in the weekend
- a planned 2 week vacation
- Thursday it's sports practice
That makes the feature useless, and could even have the opposite effect ("bah! Why bother? I only can reach 5 days before it's weekend again", "my record of x days is gone because of the vacation, i'll never improve upon it anyway",...)
I would like to have some options to say:
- I'll be gone for x days / until this date (and maybe a reminder email the day before this ends)
- I only practice at these weekdays
Would be nice to have :-) Still loving Duolingo without it.