"Selamat malam, salam."
Translation:Good evening, greetings.
Hi, all. What is the difference in usage between selamat siang, selamat sore and selamat malam?
Hi Hiranx! From what I read on this site, the difference in usage between them is
- "Selamat pagi!" is used at 04:00 till 10:00
- "Selamat siang!" is used at 10:00 till 14:00
- "Selamat sore!" is used at 14:00 till 18:30
- "Selamat malam!" is used at 18:30 till 04:00
- "Selamat petang!" is used at 16:30 till 18:30, and it's used in a formal condition
Sorry for my bad English
Hi yogastorow. Thank you very much for your comprehensive reply. Much appreciate it.
Your English is very good but please permit me to point out the one error I noticed, and that is that the time periods should have been in a "from xx:xx till/to xx:xx" format. 'At' is specific to a particular time e.g. "I get up at 06:00".
Hope this helps!