[WIS] Weekly Incubator Summary: 2018, Week 38.
Use this script to always have direct access to the last WIS without having to look for it.
Note: Data retrieved on 2018/09/23 at 00:02 (UTC).
I. Phase 1 Courses
- "(A)" indicates that this week's value is automatically generated using Duolingo's internal completion counts.
"(A)" Note: It is not the official completion percentage published by Duolingo but an estimate with several corrections. See the first WIS for details about this corrected calculation.
- "(S)" indicates that this week's value is self-reported by the team of volunteers working on the course.
- "(Locked)" indicates that the volunteers have locked the structure of the course they have constructed, which transmits it to Duolingo for final processing.
Note: If the image isn't displayed (because you can't access images on imgur.com), please click here to see the image.
(No such link this week as, at the moment of this post, because pix.toile-libre.org returns a 504 (Gateway Time-out) error)
II. Latest News from Course Volunteers (All Phases)
Course "Hindi from English" (Phase 3)
The Course has Graduated from Beta
We are delighted to announce that our rather wonderful course has graduated from beta! Standing s...
III. Previous Weekly Incubator Summaries
See this index of WIS'.
EXTRA: Comparison of WIS' and Incubator's percentages of completion
We remind again here that the percentages shared in the WIS are not the ones of the Incubator's status pages of courses.
You can find in the first WIS how WIS' percentages are computed. To illustrate how this makes WIS percentages different and, in our opinion, more realistic than percentages displayed in the Incubator's status pages, we made two comparison charts that you can find below.
- Above the dotted-red line: Incubator's percentage is higher than WIS' one;
- Below the dotted-red line: WIS' percentage is higher than Incubator's one.
As you can see on this above graph, the Incubator's percentages are far more "optimistic" ("wrong"). In particular for many courses that have in reality not a lot of content created but appear has highly completed: see the group of points on the left and vertically around the middle.