Solution to Android Samsung DuoLingo App Continually Stopping
My App Android DuoLingo App kept stopping (as soon as I did anything), since yesterday. Very frustrating as I do 5 languages a day.
Based on someone else's idea, I deleted the App, then added it again. Then it worked.
To do this, I did the following, after pressing the middle bottom button:
1) I swiped down on the screen so I could then see and click on the "Settings" icon, then selected Apps, then DuoLingo, then picked UNINSTALL at top. This uninstalled it.
2) I then went to "Play Store" (after probably pressing the middle bottom button and swiping left or right as needed to see the "Play Store" icon), typed DuoLIngo at top, then picked DuoLingo (I selected the one with the green icon) and installed it.
All seems well now with DuoLingo.
What app version was the problem with?
Which version have you installed now, that solves the issues?
Sorry - I have no idea as to what version I deleted (if there is a way to find oiut, I will be glad to do so) but my Apps (including DuoLingo) are updated constantly so it should have been a very current version as I use DuoLingo a LOT (many times a day) and my App only stopped (constantly) last night. Rebooting my tablet did not work. My current version of DuoLingo is 3.103.3.
Over the past months I've had DuoLingo problems of various sorts, off and on, and I have not done enough yet on this version to see if all is truly well. Another thing I did recently (about a week ago) was to restart my tablet, which I had not done since I got it maybe 7 months ago. My fault, of course, as I finally noticed a message to restart it, and did so. When I turn the tablet on, there is only a brief time to see the screen before it goes off, so I put in my code/pattern right away and don't have much time to read the messages on the tablet.
I'm afraid the bad news is that I have tried this last week, it worked for a while then began again to stop working just as I finished lesson again. I have updated it since then and now on version 3.102.3. And guess what it just stopped again tonight. I am reverting to using the browser version until this is sorted.
Fingers-crossed, all working well now after update to version 3.103.3 of Android app.
It has been several days since I upgraded to 3.102.3 (now automatically upgraded to 3.103.3, same as yours) and all seems MUCH better. I think DuoLingo stopped only once in the past few days (I thought of you then) and there are the usual "freezes" (solved by turning tablet off and on again) which are perhaps (or not) due to my Android Tablet.