Intro Skill - A Sentence Compilation/List.
Hi there! Here is a compilation of all the sentences from the Intro skill in the Navajo course. I’ve only included sentences with more than one word however, as I wanted to focus on more complicated sentences. So you won’t see sentences with only one word like “Hello”, “Thank you”, and “Goodbye”.
- Ahéheeʼ shimá. – Thank you mother.
- Yáʼátʼééh shimá. – Hello mother.
- Hágoóneeʼ shimá. – Goodbye mother.
- Yáʼátʼééh abiní! – Good morning!
- Yáʼátʼééh dóó ahéheeʼ. – Hello and thank you.
- Haash yinilyé? – What is your name?
- Yáʼátʼééh dóó haash yinilyé. – Hello and what is your name.
- Yáʼátʼééh abiní haash yinilyé? – Good morning, what is your name?
- Ni haash yinilyé? – What is your name?
- Yáʼátʼééh abiní shimá. – Good morning mother.
- Yáʼátʼééh abiní dóó ahéheeʼ. – Good morning and thank you.
- Naat'áaniinééz góó déyá. – I am going to Shiprock.
- Daʼ Naat'áaniinééz góó diníyá? – Are you going to Shiprock?
- Shimá Naat'áaniinééz góó déyá. – Mother, I am going to Shiprock.
I hope you found this a useful resource. If people find this useful I'll do a sentence compilation for every skill in the Navajo course. Let me know what you think! :-)
abiní should be abíní
diníyá should be díníyá
yinilyé should be yinílyé
-góó ("to") should be written attached to the previous word
Do not forget to attach the ’ (glottal stop) preceding the vowel "a" in ’abíní. :) But otherwise, t’áá ’ákót’é.
If you can continue doing a compilation it will help me greatly in creating videos for pronunciation and correction of the words and phrases.