New - Bilingual story of Chicken Little in German (with slow audio)
I've just pushed the go button on this new story. If you've got 8 minutes to spare, and a love of the present tense, have a read/listen :)
1) Written in the present tense, because that's how we all live our lives. Also because you hardly ever see fairy tales in the present tense.
2) Lots of repetition and hysterical birds.
3) Slow audio from a native German speaker. My voice lady is Austrian, which gives her voice a slightly melodic quality, but her accent is otherwise very neutral.
4) Modern language, rather than weird old-fashioned fairy tale language.
5) Optional English translations which you don't have to look at if you're too clever for that.
6) Pictures drawn by yours truly, mostly after lunch, mostly whilst listening to old-school Eminem.
Please let me know if you spot anything broken or weird. It's Friday in this part of the world, and therefore I'm a tiny bit brain-fried.
That's brilliant, thank you! These are a lot of fun and great help for German students. Your illustrations have a lovely folksy, "naïve" quality that complements the twists in the tales perfectly, and the web presentation is first class. Thanks again!
Just had a chance to read it through, nice little bit of satire there :-)
„Ich habe es im Internet gesehen!”, sagt Henry Hühnchen.
„Heiliger Bimbam! Dann muss es ja stimmen!”, sagt Hanni Henne.
Don't forget "Als erstes schickt er eine E-Mail an seine tausend engsten Freunde."
That's the one that cracks me up.
Yup, I laugh at my own jokes.
I didn't find any faults, neither in language or in the flow of the story. As a German native I could imagine myself reading it to my own kids (if they were still that young) Take a Lingot as sign of appreciation
The story and whole website is so cute! Thank you for sharing and creating, I will definitely be adding that in to my cycle of german practice :)
Thank you so much for this! I'm only at Level 5 in German but in a couple of months, hopefully I'll be able to listen. And have a nice weekend!
Brilliant! I love the story!! I learn allot just reading that text, and I have been inspired!! Thankyou soo much for your efforts!
Very good - thanks so much. This is a very useful resource for me as a beginner