Any free sites to learn Biblical Hebrew?
I am trying to learn Biblical Hebrew, but most of the sites I come across aren't free. I need good free recources to learn Biblical Hebrew. What would you suggest?
There are plenty. Some that come to mind:
- Memrise (for vocab), look for Biblical Hebrew courses:
- Bible Hub (look for Interlinear bibles):
Forvo (for vocab/pronunciation and usage)
- AHRC (for grammar and everything else, from a Christian viewpoint):
- Judaism 101 (similar to AHRC but from a Jewish viewpoint):
- I highly recommend the Duolingo course as well! You may be surprised of the overlap between the two versions of Hebrew and the differences won't hurt you...
Mango is not always free.... depends on whether your local library has it or not. However checking for books at the library would be good anyway.
nice, i would like learn to read Hebrew without Nikudim or vocals... it seems so dificult.
Good luck with that! I rely heavily on the Nikudim and seems to work well with my younger kids as well... Learning the root words is no problem (you can memorize 1000+ root words 'easily'). Unfortunately, when the words get conjugated/declined the vowels seem to change without any rhyme or reason and I would have hard time properly reading conjugated verbs and declined nouns...
Maybe, I did not take the time to figure out the grammar. We kind of went from memorizing root words to reading the actual text. I am teaching my kids the grammar rules as we go. The pronunciation is a secondary issue for us...