https://www.duolingo.com/FastAttack

The stopwatch is gone at the end of timed practice. AHHH!

With the recent changes, I've noticed the stopwatch icon with a timer circle no longer shows up at the end of timed practice, so there isn't any way to know how much time was left.

I know this is a minor detail, but I was always trying to see if I could complete the green circle by having over a minute remaining. It didn't happen very often, but with a 72 day streak and several hundred practice rounds, I've been able to do it maybe 6 or 7 times. Even filling half the circle or more felt good, and added a bit of motivation.

Please bring it back ... and add a 25 point bonus for beating the clock with over a minute remaining! (Yes, I know getting points doesn't actually mean much, but oddly enough, it helps by providing a visual measure of your efforts and a sense of accomplishment while adding a little bit of fun along the way.)

I also liked the single splash screen at the end of practice rounds showing points earned, time remaining, and words strengthened on one page, and it showed more words without having to scroll. Less is more!

Most importantly, THANK YOU, DUOLINGO TEAM!!! This language learning tool is great, and I like being a small part of the continual improvement efforts of this work-in-progress.

April 5, 2013

0 Comments

Learn a language in just 5 minutes a day. For free.