Student Progress!!! HELP!!
In the educators settings, I can no longer see student progress by themes. I was able to see all of their progress 2 days ago and now it looks like a lot of my students haven't finished anything. Please help. This can't because they haven't logged-in for a while. I keep grades for them and I cannot track their progress now. What do I do?
New Content for Spanish and French Trees
New CEFR-aligned courses
Have a look at your personal (unofficial, but very useful) progress page
select "Progress by *Original Order" for a clear overview of the new skill order and new lessons.
How does looking at my own progress help me check my students progress? I need to be able to see their progress for grading purposes. Thanks
now it looks like a lot of my students haven't finished anything.
I need to be able to see their progress for grading purposes.
That's why you should check
- why it looks like your students have not finish anything
- and how you can see the student's progress in the updated course
1) Test it in your own account, by joining one of your classrooms
2) open https://schools.duolingo.com/classroom/nnnnnnn/course_progress
(nnnnnnn is your classroom number) and you will see a lot of gray circles (skills) in your own account
3) In https://www.duome.eu/JPAlbert1623/progress "Original Order, you will see that ....
- all "purple skills with new lessons" in duome.eu
- will correspond with the gray skills in https://schools.duolingo.com/classroom/nnnnnnn/course_progress
4) Test the visibility of "finishing anything" by checking the visual results in Duolingo for schools (link in 2) and in Duome (link in 3)
- after finishing all new lessons in a skill in www.duolingo.com
- after finishing one new lesson in a skill in www.duolingo.com
the colors on the pie charts in (link in 2) correspond to the colours for the crown levels in the skill tree.
Blue for progress in crown level 1, green in crown level 2, then red (3), orange (4), and gold (5).
also, using your mouse and hovering over a circle will show level progress in a tooltip, e.g. 0 1/4 finished:
The student has finished 0 crown levels, and has done 1 of the 4 lessons required to finish the next crown level.
The skill will look like a gray circle with one blue pie chart
In this way you will quickly become familiar with interpreting your students' course process in the updated course.