Which should you use, "toward" or "towards"?
Toward and towards are completely interchangeable. 비슷하다 Toward and towards are prepositions that mean “in the direction of someone or something, or close in location or time." As prepositions, they are followed by nouns or noun phrases.
Although toward and towards are used at about the same frequency in spoken language, in written language toward is used much more often than towards, roughly five times as often. (This applies to American English only; in British English towards is the more common variation.) 쓰기에는 --미국에서 toward, 영국에서 towards
Example sentences: Rachel has a serious attitude toward(s) her work. The flowers will turn toward(s) the sun. We're going on vacation toward(s) the end of the month.
1. [운동의 방향] …쪽으로, …을 향하여 HELPto와 달라 목적점에 도착 여부가 분명치 않음. get toward …에 가까워지다 go toward the river 강 쪽으로 가다
2. [위치·방향] …쪽에 (있는), …의 편을 향하여 (있는) hills toward the north 북쪽의 산들
3. [경향·결과] …편에, …을 향하여;[감정·행위의 목적] …에 대하여 cruelty toward animals 동물 학대
4. [시간의 접근] …가까이, 무렵, …쯤 toward noon 정오쯤 toward midnight 한밤중 무렵
5. [수량의 접근] …에 가까이, …쯤
6. [태도·관계] …에 대하여, …에 관하여 his attitude toward women 여성에 대한 그의 태도
7. [원조·공헌] …을 위하여 Here is a half crown toward it. 그럼 반 크라운 기부하겠습니다.