1. Forum
  2. >
  3. Topic: Duolingo
  4. >
  5. "You have a new follower on D…

https://www.duolingo.com/profile/George229674

"You have a new follower on Duolingo"

Why. Why. For what purpose do you want to follow me. Do you understand it causes me pain to have you express some kind of interest in me and there is absolutely nothing I can do to show my thanks or respect except to follow you back. It causes me pain. It's inhuman to have someone say "I like you"...and there's nothing you can do about it...I think it's mean. If someone wants to follow me, i would love to get to know them, and I would ask them why they wanted to follow me, and maybe make a friend. Duolingo, please change this.

EDIT: 108 comments...Really...I must have hit a nerve....I have not yet had a chance to read through this thread but complaining about followers seems to be the best way to attract followers. In English we have several colorful expressions for situations like this, none of which are appropriate for me to write.

EDIT 2.....I have tried to go through, and express my thoughts and thanks....if I haven't reached you yet....you are not forgotten. your thoughts are valuable to me....Tus estan mis amigos ...siempre....siempre y siempre...siempre y siempre....siempre y siempre...siempre y siempre....mi dios....siempre y siempre...mi dios....Mi dios...

EDIT 3....No....still haven't....whatever, right? I'm amazed at what people have to say...I will bring out the truth in you? I will see the truth in your eyes....you won't be able to lie to me. I will look into your eyes, and you will tell me the truth.

EDIT 4.....I finally made my way through this thread.....and I've learned one thing....everyone here...no matter your age...your language. ..there's one thing we have in commen....we're human.....we're human....

July 28, 2019

182 Comments

Sorted by top post
Learn a language in just 5 minutes a day. For free.