Does anyone here know the grammer rules when it comes to placement of person, place or thing in a sentence? I know that so far I noticed that it's alot different than English, but very similar to the Spanish where the sentence is very basic in terms of simplicity. Question: Why is it written like "Palestine is a place famous, instead of Palestine is a famous place??
1) There are Aramaic speaking Palestinians like my family and there is a "P" in Aramaic
2) This happens all the time in language, the English pronounce it with an f for Philistines, a j for Jerusalem though there's no j in Hebrew
3) along with the Philistines, there's also the Syrio-Hittite Palistin/Palastin
4) the bible says a lot of things like that the Hebrews came from Mesopotamia, that Abraham supposedly met the Philistines way before the sea people's invasion, that Canaan is the land of the Philistines and that tribes of Philistines eventually even merged into the tribes of Judah.
5) modern genetics studies prove that modern day Palestinians are native to the land
Thanks! That's an amazing comment! But let me add a bit:
Jerusalem is actually called yerushalaim, and english language have a tendency to replace hebrew "y" with "j" - yonatan become johnathan etc. So - Jerusalem is not really called Jerusalem.
As for Aramaic people that live here in Israel, they actually had a long legal struggle with the government to change remove the word "arabic" from their israeli id cards.
I don't know too much about it really, however some Christians here do not like to be called arabs while muslims are very proud arabs.
As for "genetic research"? Search google and find a research that matches any opinion, as simple as that.
Duo! Again some advice, think carefully about the exercises you put in here. Avoid topics of Sex, Religion, Politics, Money. Up to these comments we were all here to learn Arabic. We are from countries all over the world with varying backgrounds and we have been happily helping each other improve our language skills (which is amazing really!) and not caring about our differences but focusing on the thing that unite us...learning Arabic. It's so sad to have this post here.
Duo does not care your opinions, it's teaching you language, and language consists of words. So to teach these words it's gonna have to bring em up and if you don't like that word's existence then it's better you don't learn the language at all. Duo has brought up gay and trans sentences alot in Arabic courses amd there was very little fighting unlike the ones here.
Every comment with a positive score is a pro-Palestine and anti-Israel comment and Vise verse. But all this will not help you guys - You can up-score every comment and glorify so-called invented Palestine, and still - Israel is here to exists forever, and Palestine is a fiction! Gay murderers, Women suppressers, terrorists, and corrupt officials.
No such place as palestine. PalestinA was the name of the region prior to Israel establishment. Now, all the region should be part of Israel. It's Israel since bible time. There was never a Palestinians people. Ever. It's a fiction, started in 1967. Prior to this year they were just Arabs. Don't believe everything you read. Go study some history.