"The rice is not delicious."
Translation:ʻAʻole ʻono ka laiki.
Aloha e @Jolene560924 , this is really a question of Hawaiian sentence patterns. I will try to answer your question through some examples below.
Equational Sentence Pattern: A = B
- ʻOno ka laiki. The rice is delicious.
- Wela kēia laiki. This rice is hot.
- ʻAʻole anuanu kēia lā. Today is not cold.
- ʻO Kekoa koʻu inoa. My name is Kekoa.
Action+subject+object Simple Pattern
- ʻAi au i ka laiki. I eat the rice.
- Hele ʻoe i ka hale kūʻai. You go to the store.
- ʻAʻole makemake ʻo Kaʻiulani i ka poi. Kaʻiulani does not like/want poi.
I hope this helps! To answer your question very simply, itʻs because it is using an equational sentence pattern ;3.