https://www.duolingo.com/profile/KarlAnderson327

My first year on Duo

Well, here's my obligatory post completing my first year on Duolingo :D. I decided a couple of years ago that I wanted to learn Swedish. My grandparents spoke Swedish but didn't pass it on to my father as they wanted to be able to talk without the kids understanding the conversation (or so I'm told). I also have several friends who have traveled to Sweden and I hope to go at some point myself. When I go, I would like to be able "talk to the natives". So, that was my motivation for starting. I must say, it has been a wonderful experience. I managed to get through high school and college without having to have a second language so any language learning has been on my own. (Uncouth American...). Duolingo has managed to pique my interest and stimulate me to look further with other resources without making it feel like a "chore". Kudos. Certainly, there have been a lot of changes to duolingo over the last year. I tend to ignore them and just practice my Swedish. As long as there are websites, there will be programmers trying to improve them ;) I doubt if any of them set out to make things more cumbersome or less enjoyable... Thanks to all of the moderators who are so diligent and and patient with all of the repeat questions from the neophytes. You all are very helpful. Thanks to super svensk for the word of the week! Those certainly help to keep things light and interesting. And thanks to KurtThornb who has finished his Swedish tree and gives me inspiration to finish mine! Tack sa mycket! Now I'm going for Fika... Karl

August 22, 2019

0 Comments

Learn Swedish in just 5 minutes a day. For free.