@Duo Dark Mode

[deactivated user]

Hey, so I've seen a lot of people wanting Dark Mode on Duolingo, and I have to say, I would agree. There are some suggestions that are great, like using the Dark Reader extension (I love using it on Duolingo), which I would also suggest using until Dark Mode comes out, but there are currently no solutions for the mobile app. There was also an earlier post that gave code for a dark mode on desktop, but it doesn't seem to work with the new design. Here's some code I wrote up for a bare-bones start to a dark mode. It turns the background of almost everything black, but it doesn't turn the text or anything else red (like the earlier post), which would probably be best. If any of you can contribute, please do. I wrote it merely to show how little change is necessary to accomplish an almost-decent dark mode.

This is the code:

html, #root, .3FqQY, ._2hEQd, ._2ANgP, ._1E3L7, .a5SW0, ._1Y5M, .DdXah, ._34sNg, ._24eMH, ._14lWn, ._2VdVL { background-color:black !important }

If anybody wants Dark Mode to happen, please don't give me lingots, but rather, make your own post for Dark Mode with any of your suggestions.

To Duo Developers: I would like to stress again that the mobile app has no solutions. Dark Reader is just a browser extension. We would love to see a mobile solution :D

@Duo We're all excited for Dark Mode to happen. Your fans and their eyes will be very happy :)

August 30, 2019

3 Comments

Sorted by top post

https://www.duolingo.com/profile/toggitang4

Thank you, Blueberry! Here are a few lingots! I made a post 'bout the Dark Mode today, but it got too many down-votes with no comments... I deleted it though. I'm now up-voting all the good posts 'bout Dark Modes. So yah, again thank you!

August 30, 2019

[deactivated user]

Thank you, too! I'm sorry yours got down-voted :( I really hope they make Dark Mode soon :)

August 31, 2019

https://www.duolingo.com/profile/arirowe_2005

I down for the dark mode. The original white background cause headaches for me something and I have to invert my colors on my Mac. I really hope this gets settled in and made into a setting! Best of luck.

September 2, 2019
      Learn a language in just 5 minutes a day. For free.