1. Forum
  2. >
  3. Topic: Latin
  4. >
  5. "Discipuli legunt."

"Discipuli legunt."

Translation:The students read.

September 4, 2019

6 Comments


https://www.duolingo.com/profile/ci4ic4
  • 2457

Please please make sure 'pupils' is accepted in all places where 'students' is. It is a bit annoying to be accepted in 80% of the responses and not in the rest 20%... I don't know the exact semantics of 'student' in America, but in the UK this usually refers to University or College students, those in high school are referred as 'pupils', which I happen to think is closer to the meaning of discipuli.


https://www.duolingo.com/profile/PERCE_NEIGE

Please, be patient, and keep reporting. It can takes several weeks for the changes made in the database to be seen by us.


https://www.duolingo.com/profile/Lupercus1

In the U.S. student refers to anyone taking a class.


https://www.duolingo.com/profile/1e7nx0WG

It sounds to me as though the e in legunt is being pronounced long by the speaker of this sentence, whereas in the present tense it should be pronounced short. I have reported this as "The audio does not sound correct".


https://www.duolingo.com/profile/mariociastek

"Disciples" should also be accepted according to the dictionary.

Learn Latin in just 5 minutes a day. For free.