Duolingo is the most popular way to learn languages in the world. Best of all, it's 100% free!

https://www.duolingo.com/wazzie

Book Club: El León, La Bruja y El Ropero - Ch2 & Ch3

wazzie

¡Bienvividos!

This discussion will be used to discuss Chapter 2 and Chapter 3 of El León, La Bruja y El Ropero (LBR).
Book difficulty level: B1

This is an open discussion and can be used however you want as long as you stay on topic to LBR and the current chapters (however referencing previous chapters is perfectly acceptable!)

Please post your discussions in Spanish. If you want to read the book in English, and participate in the Spanish discussion, that's okay too. English should be avoided, but can be used to provide clarity to Spanish translations.

If you need help getting started, here are some discussion question you can use:
What do you think of the faun Tummus. Is he a 'good faun' or a 'bad faun'? Do you think he was justified in his actions towards Lucy?
How would you like to live in a country where it is always snowed and was never Christmas?
How do you think Lucy felt when no one believed she was in Narnia?
Where do you think Lucy went the second time she was in Narnia
How do you think Edmund felt when he realized he was wrong about the existence of Narnia?

In the spirit of learning, native speakers or fellow learners may make corrections to your comments. If you don't want your comment corrected, please add [NC] to the end of your comment. If you are editing a comment, please add [correction] at the top of your post so it isn't confused with the discussion.

Reflection on reading Chapter 1 from Usagiboy7, It was very difficult at first, and that made it hard to continue once I put it down. But, once I got my system down (a good dictionary) and stuck with it, it became easier. In part, my brain became primed. I didn't try to memorize every word, just get the main ideas. I figure most of the most common words will appear again and I'll just build that way. I'm ahead now CH3 and it was a lot easier to read than CH 2
If you want to include feedback on your experience, please feel free.

Links to previous discussion:
Spanish Book Club - Please use this forum to discuss topics about the Book Club in general
Chapter 1 - discussion on Chapter 1

Links to future discussions:
Chapter 4 and 5 discussion
Chapter 6 and 7 discussion
Chapter 8 and 9 discussion
Chapter 10 and 11 discussion

4 years ago

27 Comments