https://www.duolingo.com/profile/bgcp2015

Skill Levels Not Working

I've been using Duolingo for a bit over eight months now, and have been using it daily for a bit over six. I've mainly been using it for Spanish, but I've dipped into several other languages as well to a lesser extent. I usually use the Android app on my phone, but I noticed that the issue I'm having was also present on the actual website on my laptop.

Here's my issue: You know when you level a skill up, thus earning a crown, and you have to complete more lessons within the skill to level it up again? Like you have to complete 4 lessons to get to Levels 1 and 2, 8 to get to Level 3, 12 or 15 to get to 4 and 20 to get to 5. Well, for the past four to six days or so, it's only been requiring me to complete 4 lessons to get to the next level at any time. So instead of needing to practice a skill 8 times to get from Level 2 to 3, I only have to do it 4 times. It's quite annoying, and is bringing me through skills way faster than I would like. Has anyone else experienced this?

I logged onto the website on my laptop (which is obviously where I am now, as the Discuss feature isn't available on the Android app), and it's doing it here too. I submitted a report through the app, though it said in an email that I'm unlikely to get a personal reply. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Best (and thanks for reading my rambling),

Bo

October 7, 2019, 10:56 PM

0 Comments

Sorted by top post
Learn a language in just 5 minutes a day. For free.