1. Forum
  2. >
  3. Topic: Educators
  4. >
  5. Are Students being punished f…

https://www.duolingo.com/profile/Vyrus12

Are Students being punished for working ahead?

I've set up my classroom with 130+ students and have given out assignments for them to work on. For the most part, most complete them on time. But as you know you'll have students who like to work ahead. I have no problem with that. But if they go ahead and max out a lesson (level 5, shiny gold) before it is assigned, then it sometimes doesn't show as being completed. Other times it will. And if I go an check their activity, it shows that they have completed what I assigned before it was actually assigned. So aside from going through every single student to check, what can I do?

And another issue that pops up (at least on my end. I haven't heard much complaining other than the work is dull) is that some students have, for example, 0 lessons for an assignment, while another will have 4 lessons and another would have 10 or more. For the same assignment. Why is it so varied and is it just an error on my end or are they all having so many different lessons to complete? They are learning English from Chinese and 99.9% of them are using the app.

Thanks for any help.

October 24, 2019

0 Comments

Learn a language in just 5 minutes a day. For free.