"Colin is naughty."
Translation:Tha Cailean mì-mhodhail.
April 23, 2020
Yep, but it doesn't always map exactly on to an English prefix. I'd say it usually translates as "un-":
- toilichte/mì-thoilichte > happy/unhappy
- sgiobalta/mì-sgiobalta > tidy/untidy
- fortanach/mì-fhortanach > fortunate/unfortunate
- tlachdmhor/mì-thlachdmhor > pleasant/unpleasant
But there are also examples where "mì-" doesn't become the prefix "un-" in English:
- laghail/mì-laghail > legal/illegal
- tuigse/mì-thuigse > understanding/misunderstanding