"Kamu mendengar seorang anak."
Terjemahan:You hear a child.
We use hear to mean simply that sounds come into our ears. It may not be deliberate. As soon as we wake up and walk around, we hear things.
- I heard a knock at the door.
- I suddenly heard a loud noise.
- Can you speak louder please? I can't hear you.
When we listen, we try to hear. We pay attention and try to understand every sound.
- Listen! Is someone crying?
- Listen to this song. Can you understand the words?
- I'm listening but I can't hear anything.
When we use listen with an object, we say listen + to + object, for example:
- John is listening to the radio.
Hear or Listen (to) for radio, concerts, talks, lectures etc?
In general, we use hear for public performances and listen for non-public performances.
- We went to hear the President's big speech last night.
- I heard Madonna singing "Like A Virgin" at the concert.
- Do you ever listen to the radio in your car?
- Have you listened to that recording I sent you?