Duolingo is the most popular way to learn languages in the world. Best of all, it's 100% free!
"Weet jij waar mijn sleutel is?"
Translation:Do you know where my key is?
03 years ago
No. It's a common error for learners, but subordinate clauses, noun clauses, and relative cluses all do NOT use subject-verb inversion.
- Where is the restaurant?
- I don't know about you, but I'm going (to) where the restaurant is!
- I don't care where the restaurant is.
- I wanted to know where the restaurant is.
- The block where the restaurant is has totally changed.
- Where the restaurant is doesn't matter now - we can look at a map later!
2Reply1•3 years ago