https://www.duolingo.com/profile/Erricker

Microphone issues!

I am frequently having problems with my microphone. I am using Chrome on a windows 7 computer.

Under the settings tab for duolingo the microphone option is turned on, and duolingo has permission to use my computer microphone.

I am constantly getting messages like "I can't understand you" or "I can't hear you very well". I am constantly bending down to where the microphone is on my computer so that it picks it up easier, but it doesn't make a difference at all. I am also speaking very slowly. Sometimes so slowly that duolingo thinks I've started the sentence over, when I've only just finished the first word!

Sometimes I can completely mess up the words and it says that I'm correct, other times I know I am saying it absolutely correct and it puts in random words like "youtube" or "facebook" when there isn't even a sound like that in the words I'm saying!

I have tested my microphone in other programs and it works fine. I have even used various websites to test the function of my microphone, and it works fine everywhere but here on duolingo. Considering how I am trying to put an emphasis on learning to SPEAK the language, having this microphone function fixed would be helpful.

I have seen many other posts on this subject, but no one seems to have come up with a solution that I saw. Maybe if enough people post and complain about it Duolingo will make an effort to fix it!

What would really help would be some kind of function built into the site that would let users test their microphone with duolingo.

Any help and tips are appreciated if you have found a solution for this problem! Thanks in advance, and sorry for the long post!

September 3, 2014

0 Comments

Learn a language in just 5 minutes a day. For free.