Thanks for bringing back the word list Duolingo. I've got a few ideas to improve the flashcards though.
1) Show multiple translations (e.g. 'fait' has a few meanings)
2) Make them multiple choice (rather than trusting us saying we got it)
3) Add the determinant Either le/la/les or un/une/des would work.
4) Verb, noun, adjective, etc? je cours, le cours, les cours are completely different in meaning.
5) Let it count as practice (give XP)
6) Allow suggestions for incorrect translations (there was a typo on a translation), tagging for review works too
7) Future: Allow for community suggestion/addition of new words. There are vocabulary sites out there, this would help Duolingo target that use case.
Agreed, thank you -- really excited about this. One issue I found: It sets words that you marked as "didn't know" to full strength. That seems misplaced faith in my ability to retain. ;)
FYI: I think the reason they don't give XP is because flashcards is supposedly not a good way to learn languages. I personally still like them as an activity but I can live without them giving XPs.