"It is a fly."
Translation:È una mosca.
1) Make it an absolute requirement to learn the article with each new noun you encounter. (Don't be lazy like me when I started and just learn the noun - you just keep on making mistakes like un and una.)
2) Read and listen to context. See and hear where nouns attract masculine or feminine adjectives, articles etc. eg. delle always means you are dealing with feminine plural.
3) Understand basics. Most feminine nouns end in a, most masculine end in o.
4) Learn the exceptions to the basics. eg la radio, la mano,
5) Have a laugh with your Italian friends when you still get it wrong and learn it then :)